Rocks 5.0 (V) is Released
Rocks v5.0 is released for i386 and x86_64 CPU architectures.
ISO images for i386 and x86_64 architectures can be found here.
- Xen Support
You can use the Xen Roll to create ‘VM Containers’: physical machines that are used to hold Xen-based virtual machines. The Rocks Command Line was expanded to help build and maintain VMs (e.g., “rocks create host vm compute-0-0-0″ is used to install a VM).
- Fully-Programmable Partitioning
The partitioning of client nodes (e.g., compute nodes and tile nodes) has been retooled. You can supply Red Hat partitioning directives to any node by writing a program in the “pre” section which populates the file “/tmp/user_partitioning_info”. The program can be as simple as small bash script that echos Red Hat partitioning directives or as complex as a python program that outputs partitioning info based on: the node’s name, the node’s membership, the number of disks in the node or the type of disks in the node. See the Base Roll documentation for details.
- OS: Based on CentOS release 5/update 1 and all updates as of April 29, 2008
- Condor: updated to v7.0.1
- Ganglia: Ganglia Monitor Core updated to v3.0.7
- Ganglia: phpsysinfo updated to v2.5.4
- Ganglia: rrdtool updated to v1.2.23
- HPC: The HPC roll is now optional. You can build a bare-bones cluster by using only the Kernel Roll, OS Rolls (disk 1 and 2) and the Base Roll
- HPC: MPICH updated to v1.2.7 patch 1)
- HPC: MPICH2 added to the roll (v1.0.6 patch 1)
- HPC: OpenMPI added to the roll (v1.2.6)
- SGE: SGE updated to 6.1 update 4
- SGE: Added tight integration for SGE and OpenMPI
- Area51: chkrootkit updated to v0.48
- Area51: tripwire updated to v18.104.22.168
- Bio: Biopython updated to v1.45
- Bio: Clustalw updated to v2.0.5
- Bio: Fasta updated to v35.3.5
- Bio: NCBI toolbox updated to Mar’ 2008 version
- Bio: MpiBlast updated to v1.5.0-pio and is patched against the NCBI toolbox Mar’ 2008 version
- Bio: Phylip updated to v3.67
- Bio: T_coffee updated to v5.65
- Bio: Gromacs and MrBayes are now MPI Enabled and compiled against rocks-openmpi